Click Your County for a Child Custody Attorney in Alabama
In Need of an Alabama Child Custody Lawyer?
You’ve Come to the Right Place
If you plan to file divorce proceedings and are worried about issues such as child custody and time sharing or visitation, what you need is a profound child custody legal counselor by your side. You can find one of these legal professionals using USAttorneys.com! This amazing website has brought new life to so many people in despair or people who just want to cover their bases.
The most sensitive aspect of a divorce is child custody, an issue that experts in family law approach with utmost sensitivity with the best interest of the parents and children involved.
The goal of a legal rep who focusses on this legal arena is to concentrate on your needs and work towards a fair resolution. Careful consideration of issues such as fair parenting and practical issues such as school schedules and travel distance are important aspects of the process. Right here you will find tremendous attorneys in family law with extensive experience in negotiating reasonable custody terms that benefit both parents.
Child custody options under Alabama law
According to Alabama law, custody agreements that are permitted include:
- Sole custody – In this agreement only one parent is awarded legal custody of the children while the other is granted visitation rights.
- Joint custody – Under Alabama Code § 30-3-150 joint custody is one of the preferred alternatives. This agreement enables both parents to share custody of the children. It is one of the most common types of agreement where one parent provides the primary residence.
- Shared custody – When a court awards shared custody both parents are equally responsible for the custody and residential responsibility of the children. This is one of the rare types of agreements since most courts are of the opinion that shared custody is emotionally taxing for the children.
Within the ambit of Alabama law, courts consider a number of factors to help them decide child custody issues. Some of the major factors include:
- The love, affection, and emotional bonding between the parents and children and where the best interests of the children lie.
- The moral fitness and physical and mental health of the parents.
- The demonstrated capacity of the parent who is likely to allow contact with the non-custodial parent without any hindrance.
- Issues and evidence of domestic violence, child abuse, neglect, sexual violence, and any related matters.
- The geographic viability of the parenting plan depending on the age of the children and the amount of time spent travelling.
Preparation – the key to success
Alabama child custody laws mandate a parenting plan to ensure the well-being of the children concerned. This plan must include a detailed description of how the parents will share responsibilities, time-sharing, who will be responsible for healthcare and school-related matters such as registration and other activities where the parents’ consent is required, and more.
Considerate legal representation you can trust
Even if your child custody issue is settled, there are several legal matters that may still need to be addressed on a continuous basis. The court may require that major decisions be taken with the consultation of both parents. Any disagreements may require further mediation or returning to court.
You need an Alabama child custody lawyer from the get go. You cannot make one major mistake in this process. Get on USAttorneys.com and use our interactive map so you can find a legal representative that works for you. It could be the first one you call up! The ball is in your court now!
Do you have any questions? Any issues? Then use our contact form to send us your information and we will get back to you quickly to help you find the legal professional you need.
Your attorney will work towards helping you achieve a fair settlement and solve any issues with visitation or court-ordered custody arrangement and even more!